– Last update May 25th 2018 –
As part of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter “GDPR”), Transparency-One (“Transparency-One”, or “we”) defined a personal data protection policy for the personal data that may be collected and processed through the website: www.transparency-one.com (hereinafter “our Website”) provided to the users (hereinafter “you”), in compliance with the GDPR (hereinafter the “Personal Data Protection Policy”).
Our Personal Data Protection Policy can be updated from time to time depending on the evolutions of laws and regulations and/or the processing of personal data we undertake.
Collection of personal data
Transparency-One, as data controller under GDPR, may collect and process your personal data, notably when you browse on our Website, subscribe to the newsletter or contact us through our contact form accessible at the “Contact” tab of our Website.
Therefore, we may notably collect and process any and all of the following personal data:
- last name;
- first name;
- company name;
- email address;
- your comments that may contain personal data.
Legal basis and purposes of processing of your personal data
The processing of such data is based on explicit, legitimate and specified purposes.
The processing purposes are:
- enabling you to contact us;
- sending you our newsletter and other emails regarding our products and services, news and events from Transparency-One.
The processing of your personal data is based on one of the following legal bases:
- we obtained your prior express consent;
- the processing is required from us by law;
- the processing is in our legitimate interests (notably to protect ourselves against fraud or ensure the security of the networks and data), provided your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms are not overridden.
Recipients of your personal data
Transparency-One may share your personal data to its service providers and business partners (hereinafter “Processors”) as part of the performance of our services.
We undertake to ensure our Processors only process your personal data under our instructions and we make every effort to ensure they guarantee the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal data in accordance with the state of the art.
Transfer of your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area
Transparency-One may transfer your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area. In this case, Transparency-One shall take the necessary measures to supervise such transfer, in accordance with the GDPR.
Storage of your personal data
Your personal data is stored either in Transparency-One’s databases or in those of its Processors, strictly for the period necessary to the purpose for which the data was initially collected and/or for the period necessary to Transparency-One to fulfil its legal and regulatory obligations.
Transparency-One shall implement the necessary technical precautions to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data in accordance with the professional standards of practice.
Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to:
- request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- request the transfer of your personal information to another party. The exercise of that right allows you to receive the personal data about you we process, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer it to another data controller without us obstructing it. You can also ask us to transfer your personal data directly to another data controller when technically possible.
In addition, when the personal data collection, processing and/or transfer is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time for this specific processing.
If you wish to examine, verify, rectify or request erasure of your personal data, object to processing, withdraw your consent or ask we provide a copy of your personal data to you or another data controller, you must provide us with (i) a signed inquiry; (ii) a copy of your identity papers containing your signature; and (iii) the address to which Transparency-One shall provide its answer to, to the following address: email@example.com. The processing of such inquiry shall be carried out as promptly as time permits and, in any event, no later than within the maximum period of time permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, should you consider we do not fulfil our personal data legal and regulatory obligations, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
If you have any questions about this Personal Data Protection Policy, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.